Our specialists are here to help!
The presence of spiders in homes and businesses is often seen as an indication of poor hygiene. This is of concern for any business – especially where there is food.
Why control spiders?
Spiders are usually not aggressive towards humans and generally only bite or cause problems when their space is invaded and they feel threatened. However, the sight of spiders, especially in large groups, can evoke uneasiness and fear.
- Australia has over 2,400 species of spider. Less than 50 of them are harmful to humans
- Although most spider bites can cause a reaction. Always seek medical advice when a spider bite is suspected.
- Different spiders are attracted to different locations including moist environments like sheds, basements & bathrooms. Others hide in dark places such as walls, closets and crawl spaces.
- Spider eggs contain around 100 eggs in each silken sac. If you see a spider sac, it could hatch at any time and there will be hundreds of baby spiders around
Adams are specialists in spider control
The first sign (other than seeing large groups of spiders) is when you start seeing baby spiders. This is generally a good indication that they have just begun breeding and it is the time to call an experienced pest control operator.
- It is important to arrange for a professional to visit and remove them safely and effectively; so you aren’t dealing with cycle after cycle of spiders
- It isn’t safe, and is rarely effective, for an untrained individual to attempt to tackle a spider infestation.
- Adams Pest Control can help to identify the types of spider in your home and based on these characteristics, eliminate them and their nests.
- Spiders prey on insects, if you have a spider infestation it may also indicate that you have another pest or bug issue in your property that we can help identify and solve
How to prevent spiders
There are ways to keep spiders away from your business. Spiders often venture inside in search of food but will move on quickly if nothing is available. Ensure all food is in sealed containers and always ensure you have clean working environments. Eliminate spider webs you see around the corners of offices, storage areas or behind furniture.
If you do find your business has a severe spider problem, leave it to the professionals. Our staff will ensure that spiders are not only professionally controlled but will also show you how to prevent them from coming back in the future.