Our specialists are here to help!
The presence of fleas in homes and businesses is often seen as an indication of poor hygiene. This is of concern for any business – especially where there is food.
Why control fleas?
If any of your staff have noticed a rash, together with irritation on their limbs for more than a few days, there’s a good chance you might have fleas around your office or factory.
- People usually associate fleas with domestic households where pets live. However, owners can unknowingly carry these pests with them to the workplace, turning offices, factories, and hotels into breeding grounds.
- If staff report itching with no relief, or have red circular marks on their skin, with a small darker red spot in the centre, then it’s likely that you have a flea infestation.
- Fleas pose very little threat to our overall health. However, they can cause considerable discomfort and frustration from itching.
- Pets are more susceptible to diseases that fleas carry. If your pet swallows a flea it can become a tapeworm, which can become very dangerous if not treated. Pets scratching at fleas can cause open wounds and a myriad of other health problems.
Adams are specialists in flea control
Adams Pest Control are specialists in providing fast and effective treatment for fleas. Before we apply any treatment, our technicians will discuss the situation with you.
- Fleas may take more than one treatment from Adams as depending upon the level of infestation, flea eggs may hatch for up to one month after the initial treatment
- In addition to treating the infested space, you should also speak to your staff about treating their own symptoms, and possible treatment of their pets. Doing so will help prevent the problem from recurring.
- Fleas usually like to hang out in shady, humid, and warm areas in your home and backyard. This includes you and your pets bedding & furniture.
- Adams will treat your whole property depending on the severity of the infestation. This includes furniture, bedding, carpets and outside.
How to prevent fleas
Fleas are tiny creatures and can be hard to spot. Help prevent fleas by trimming grass & weeds, keeping hiding places in outside debris to a minimum also vacuum your carpet & rugs regularly. Make sure to wash your pets bedding in hot water frequently and comb your pets to check for fleas. Make sure to prevent fleas latching onto your pets in the first place by using an appropriate flea & tick medication regularly.
If you suspect your home or pet has fleas, immediately call Adams so that we can treat your home, yard, and pet at the same time to prevent re-infestation.